Thursday, October 26, 2017

Why we won't be moving to the city any time soon

Lifestyle.

I've always found the term somewhat offensive.

Lifestyle?

How is your life a style?

I'm a working class guy who's life has always been whatever it's been. Calling it a "style" makes it sound like it was selected; a "lifestyle choice." Kinda like choosing between straight-leg and generous-fit Levis.

By default, we do have a "lifestyle" I guess.

The house is never locked.

The cars are parked in the drive, unlocked, with the keys in them.

You can take a whiz off the porch.

If somebody walks by with a gun nobody panics; it's just (take your pick) turkey/goose/bear/deer season.

If the cops nab a few dozen pot plants on your property you'll never be charged because everybody knows nobody grows the weed 'o wisdom on their own property...

Ya, I guess you could call it a "lifestyle."

And I've always got a million and one bullshit jobs on the to-do list.

Cutting an acre of grass with a 19" push mower.

Walking the dogs.

Re-arranging the parts vehicles behind the barn.

Fixing the (take your pick) snow-blower/wood-splitter/motorcycle/camper/etc.

Paint the kitchen, paint the bathroom, fix the bass amp, clean the basement, clean the attic...

There's always a ton of shit awaiting my attention.


What the fuck am I gonna do in an apartment in Toronto?

No comments:

Post a Comment