Sunday, February 5, 2017

The half-time show

I'm streaming the Super Bowl on my laptop. I'm not much of a football fan - didn't watch a single NFL game all season.

I'm pretty much in it for the commercials and the half-time show. Fox keeps repeating that the half-time show is the most important moment in music for the entire year. I personally wouldn't want to vouch for the truthiness of that claim, but it is certainly an important moment, if not the most important.

So it was nice to see the half-time gig go to Lady Gaga. She does seem to be a blast of fresh air in the entertainment business.

Bit of a rebel, if you will.

On the other hand, the most important music moment of the year is totally owned by the same big corporate and big media interests that are bringing you Superbowl LI.

You didn't really expect to see an authentically subversive personality in that slot, did you?

And you didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment