Monday, August 22, 2016

Who was that famous Canadian aerobatic pilot who flew out of Waterloo Regional Airport in the 60s and 70s?

Maybe he wasn't all that famous if I can't find him on the world wide web.

But he was practically part of the wallpaper of my youth. He'd fly out of Waterloo Airport in Breslau and practice his stunts for hours on end in the general vicinity of Maryhill, a few miles north of the airport.

I lived a few miles south east of Maryhill at the time, and I totally recall the sight and the sound of his practices.

On any given summer afternoon you'd see and hear his bi-plane (I want to say it was a Pitt Special but I'm not sure) doing loops and rolls and spirals in the air around Maryhill for hours on end.

I don't know this for sure, but I think he died in a plane crash.

Who was he?

No comments:

Post a Comment