Saturday, March 19, 2016

Triumph of the shitbags

At a quarter million page views I think I can say this blog has proven some sort of staying power. Ya, I know, considering the wisdom found on this page, you'd think it would be a quarter million page-views per day, not over five years.

I don't get it either.

I'm averse to calling down regular folks on whatever wrong-headed opinions they may express on the world wide web. I'm even reluctant to call out working journalists on the bullshit they too often spew, simply because at the end of the day they are folks who work for their pay.

But I'm not averse to calling shitbags "shitbags."

Paul Singer is a shitbag.

Paul Singer is a billionaire hedgie who gets richer by fucking over the poorest of the poor all around the world. He's also a big deal in American politics, because he's a big donor to political candidates.

Singer recently won his case against Argentina. That's mostly because a new right-wing government came to power in that country.

Here at Falling Downs we've been banging away against the Singer case for years.

We lost.

The people of Argentina lost way more.

Paul Singer won big.

The architect of Singer's win was a judge appointed by Richard Nixon.

No wonder Singer funds the GOP.




No comments:

Post a Comment