Monday, November 23, 2015

Triumph of the weasels

There's an interesting story at the Irish Times today about how the corporate weasels behind the Pfizer-Allergan deal can make this deal pay by robbing the US treasury of millions more in tax revenue.

Hundreds of millions. Maybe even billions!

But that's just the tip of the ice-berg when it comes to tax evasion by US corporations. There's hundreds of billions in US corporate profits sloshing around in off-shore tax havens.

As a card-carrying pinko, I suppose I should be distraught about that.

If I thought that tax money denied the state was destined for meaningful stuff like education and health care and housing, I'd be pissed... but it's not. Instead, it's earmarked for more war and more money-hemoraging shit-shows like the F-35 program.

Gotta say that for the time being at least, I'm with the weasels on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment