Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Shelby KR500 will NEVER have a V-6

Get the fuck outta here!

I must have pushed a wrong button on my laptop recently, because all of a sudden I'm the recipient of shit like this.

Ford is gonna totally disgrace the Shelby brand by stuffing a V-6 in a Mustang and calling it a Shelby KR500?

Get the fuck outta here!

I remember the first time I saw a 500. It was parked on Waverley Drive in Guelph. Had brake scoops and hood scoops sprouting out all over the place. I was a grade seven student at Waverley Drive PS and was walking down to the plaza where the cool kids were learning to smoke cigarettes.

That gold KR500 gave me a boner.

Couple of years later, once I had a driver's license, I pulled up beside a 1969 KR500 at the lights on Silvercreek Parkway at Speedvale. That's where two lanes merge into one to this day.

Mr. Fancy Pants in that KR500 got a surprise that afternoon...

Don't fuck with a 340 Duster!

But I still like the sound of the Ford V-8s and I love what Ford has done with the Shelby brand.

Please tell me they're not gonna flush it down the shitter with a V-6 in something they call a Shelby 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment