Sunday, January 12, 2014

Boobs in the basilica

The first few times I saw headlines to the effect "Pope endorses breastfeeding in Sistine Chapel" I thought it was one of those little grammatical faux pas, like "I enjoy cooking my dog and my friends."

Obviously, he just happened to be in the Sistine Chapel as he was putting in a word for nature's baby food, not suggesting that nursing moms do their duty right there in the cathedral.

But no, the latest version of the story in The Guardian spells it out; "Pope encourages mothers to breastfeed - even in the Sistine Chapel." That should pretty much remove any ambiguous residue left by the original headline. Yes, mums, if your wee one is a bit finicky while you're sitting there in the pew, you are welcome to do what you have to do.

I'm starting to like this guy.

First of all he comes out with the outrageous suggestion that the rich have obligations to the poor.

Then he tells the world that judging gay folks isn't his concern, and therefore not mine or yours either.

And now this!?




No comments:

Post a Comment