Friday, November 8, 2013

gone, gone...the damage done

It took me a long time to realize what a mensch Neil Young was.

Back in the day, I was busy buying records by Dylan and Deep Purple and Black Sabbath...

The damage done...

I knew a few guys who had gone down the H highway.

It was a great gig till it wasn't, and by then you were dead.

Got to thinking about that last week when it came out that Lou Reed had gone to his reward. Lou kept on keeping on, writing songs about the big H his whole life. Most of his listeners never figured out what he was on about.

I have to admit I didn't give Neil his due till the story came out that Bob had been sniffing around Winnipeg looking for Neil Young's boyhood home.

I'd once spent an entire day sniffing around Winnipeg looking for a house that was on the cover of a Guess Who album.

Never found it. Retreated back to my room at the Oxford Arms in the bleakest of black depressions. Had I known then that Bob Dylan would someday spend an afternoon looking for Neil's house, I would have kept looking for that Guess Who album cover house.

But that was then...

No comments:

Post a Comment