Saturday, March 23, 2013

The &%# dog ate my glasses!

Several times over the past week or so I've asked the Farm Manager if she's seen my glasses. No, not the ones I'm wearing; the good ones.

Couldn't find them anywhere.

Today I found a few bits of broken lens in the back seat of the car...

Lucy!

I usually take the hounds into town with me when I'm out running errands. Lucy likes to get behind the wheel when I go into a store. She'll find a souvenir and take it into the back with her and then pretend nothing happened. I've found gloves, sales slips, even my wallet relocated to the back seat.

But I've never had anything damaged, and it didn't occur to me that she might consider my glasses fair game.

Must have happened the day we stopped for lunch. The dogs had a good 45 minutes in the car on their own. We could see them from the window seats in the restaurant. Lucy in the drivers seat, Boomer in the back, both of them on the alert for dogs being walked down the main street.

When we came out Lucy was back to her dog spot in the back seat, and I thought nothing of it till I found those broken lenses today. There's not a trace of the arms to be found though.

They must have gone right through her.

No comments:

Post a Comment