Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Memo to the deli counter; liverwurst is NOT gouda cheese

Last week the Farm Manager came home from the Wiarton Foodland with a pretty impressive block of goulda cheese.

Three bucks and change.

I didn't think anything of it. I know the Farm Manager is a pretty astute shopper. She knows a good deal when she sees one.

So today she's in shopping and I'm out in the truck reading the Globe and Mail with the dogs (ya, they are especially partial to the Arts & Entertainment section) and she comes out with a story.

No news in that. She generally has a story about why it takes 45 minutes to come out of Foodland with five or six items.

But this was different.

"I had to tell the deli manager that they've been labelling the gouda as liverwurst," she says.

Well, all I could say was I hoped she'd bought up all the gouda in the store before she told them that.

No such luck. But at least we got one last block of gouda at the liverwurst price.

No comments:

Post a Comment